Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Skincare Routine

Skin. It's either breaking out, dry, oily .. somethings always wrong. Skincare is probably one of the most important things to me. I've had moderate acne since I was about ten years old. Seven years of annoying and unsightly acne blemishes. I had been going to the dermatologist up until this past year and have been on all sorts of topical creams and pills. None of this ever got rid of my acne, but it definitely helped keep it from getting out of control. I've came pretty close to accepting that for now I will probably never fully get rid of my acne, but I will continue to keep my skincare routine going strong. I now use all over the counter products with the exception of my Retinoid cream. Considering I'm only seventeen, I'm always on a budget.. so I try to keep my products pretty reasonably priced.

Every night I wash my face with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash. This is a thicker cream wash with salicylic acid as well as green tea and cucumber extracts for a soothing effect. The wash claims to stop acne before the zits even come up.. and I honestly wouldn't know if that's the case or not. I'm really ready for a new wash. I'm almost out of this one and probably won't repurchase.

Before I wash my face I remove my face makeup with Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion. This is actually a toner, and I absolutely love it. It's very refreshing and just makes me feel clean! I also use this in the morning to wash my face of any left over dirt and oils.

At night I also use Clearasil's Daily Clear Acne Treatment Cream. It contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, the highest amount without a prescription. This is followed by Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15. This product was recommended to me by my dermatologist and I've used it for the past three years.


Every other night I use a retinoid all over my face. On those nights I also use Mario Badescu's Silver Powder after I wash my face. From my other post you should know that this is one of my all time favorite products!

On the nights I don't use those two products I use glycolic peel pads.
I am currently on the search for a good spf-filled moisturizer for the morning.
I don't use a washcloth when I wash my face, but I do use these little knitted facial scrubies that I got from a shop on etsy called Ritzy's All Naturals.

I switch my routine up every few months but this has been pretty steady for quite a while now. I feel like its working  pretty good for me.. but like I said before, my acne isn't packing up and leaving anytime soon. It's all just about combating and keeping it under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment