Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Everyday Eye Tutorial!

     After trying several times to get this just right, I have for you.. a tutorial! I'm not completely comfortable doing videos yet.. that might be taken into possible consideration down the road. But for now I have taken pictures throughout my routine and will give details for each step below. This was a bit of an iffy thing for me, so please give me feedback.. positive or negative! Well I hope you enjoy!

     By the way, I desperately needed my eyebrows waxed when I took these, but I thought you guys would probably want to see them anyways. My eyes are really puffy because I did this at 5 in the morning, and the lighting is crazy because the sun was coming up. And.. Yes, I have really big pores. I never claimed to have perfect skin :) I'll also go ahead and apologize for the lengthiness of this post! 
    


   
Apply any brand of eyeshadow primer from your lid to your brow bone. My favorite is Urban Decay's Primer Potion.






Apply any medium goldy/pinky color. I used Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP. I use a cream shadow brush from Bobbi Brown, but any stiffer brush would work.




     
Next, Apply any brown shadow into your crease. I wouldn't use anything too dark. This is MAC's Tempting and a MAC 275.                                      




     
Apply a light color from your crease to your brow bone, blending out any harsh crease lines. I chose to use Too Faced's Heaven, a matte cream color, with a MAC 217.





 I use Urban Decay's Half Baked and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again as accent colors for the lid. This will just bring a little more depth and pop to your shadow. For this I just used a stiffer drugstore brush.



 I apply Midnight Cowboy Rides Again in the center of the lid, just above my lash line. The Half Baked is used in a triangle-like shape from the upper corner of my crease down to where I put MCRA. 

                               
 

 I line my upper lash line with Urban Decay's LiquidLiner in OilSlick. Then I use a Sephora white eye pencil to line my water line for a fresh daytime look. 



 
Then I go on my lower lash line with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt. I meet that line with a Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and take it up around my inner corner. I also apply a little of the Milk under the arch of my brow and then blend it in with my finger




Sephora Macro Eye Pencil in white. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Yogurt and Milk.


  
      

       I use the same drugstore brush to make the crease a little more dramatic with Too Faced's Ever After. This is applied just on the outer corner and blended up into the crease. My finger comes in handy when I apply Too Faced's Satin Sheets to my inner corner over the Milk.



   
       
I curl my lashes and apply two coats of L'oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara. 



The finished look :) 
     Again, sorry for the funky lighting, but I hope you liked it! Comment and let me know! But cut me a little slack, considering it is my first try :) I also forgot to mention at the beginning that I don't use any particular brushes. The MAC brushes I have are from a set I got a while back. I just gave you guys the numbers because I know some people pay attention and believe strongly in that.. I on the other hand do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment