Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beach Bumming!

I am spending this week in Naples, Florida for vacation.. spending my days at the beach and loving life! Going to the beach is fabulous, but you can't relax too much! You still want to keep your skin and hair healthy. You also want to keep your makeup routine at its simplest! Here are a few of my favorite beauty products to have at the beach or on vacation-

1. Supergoop 30+ Everyday Face & Body Sunscreen- SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN! I can't stress sunscreen enough. I use a moisturizer with SPF protection everyday, but being at the beach calls for extra measures. Lather this on your face before you go out in the sun and reapply about every hour.
2.Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator- Using a mask or extra hydrator every other day while you're at the beach is a super idea! Your hair can become dry and damaged from the sun and chlorine in pools. To help keep my hair shiny and smooth this is my go-to product. I use it after I shampoo and leave it in for about 4 minutes. I rinse and follow up with my regular conditioner.
3. bareMinerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen Powder- This product is great if you have a few blemishes you want covered up but don't want to cake up your face with makeup. Its a simple powder that you buff onto your face. It contains SPF 30 and comes in different shades If you want light coverage during a day out this is great too!

4. Pond's Morning Refresh Towelettes-  There is nothing worse to me than a grimey dirty feeling face after being at the beach or in the pool all day. These easy towelettes are perfect for a quick clean up that is refreshing and isn't too harsh on your skin!

5. Burt's Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8- When you're going to be in the sun you can't forget your lips! I pretty much use this balm throughout the whole summer. There is absolutely nothing worse than sunburnt lips!
5. Floppy Hat- Floppy hats are great for the long summer days! I have one that I have been wearing at the beach and it's perfect! It keeps my face from getting burnt and also blocks the sun so I can see my book, magazine, or cellphone sooo much better!
 6- Sunglasses- You can't forget your sunglasses! I have wayy too many pairs, but for the beach I highly recommend using a cheaper pair. This is because sand can easily scratch up your lenses, and you don't want to ruin your expensive pair! I have been wearing a pair of peach colored sunglasses from Forever21. They were only $5 and are so fun! I love colored sunglasses, but if I am coughing up any larger amount of money I always tend to stick to neutral colors. This is a great opportunity to go out on a limb with colors and styles since they are super cheap!

1 comment:

  1. Nice tips!

    I found your blog on Elle&Blair.com, and I would love it if you could follow my blog pubicly via GFC.

    JaciWalker.blogspot.com

    Also, don't forget to check out my giveaway!

    :)

    ReplyDelete